Thursday, April 17, 2008

How To Fight A Traffic Ticket

Geez, I received my 2nd moving violation recently. The first, when I was 18, and most recently, by a darn camera. I'm still mad about it. I mean, atleast if I'd received the ticket from a male officer I could tried smiling or batting my eyes a bit in an attempt to get out of it, but a camera.

Here are some tips that could possibly help you avoid an appearance in court for the red light you know you ran straight through, as well as other violations.

Mel Leiding, an attorney from Anaheim, California and author of a 53-page guide titled "How to Fight Your Traffic Ticket and Win," says he would rather be mugged than get a traffic ticket. Why? Getting mugged is faster, cheaper and has no long-term repercussions, such as increased insurance premiums, loss of a license or being forced to attend traffic school. According to HowStuffWorks.com, millions of traffic tickets are issued annually in the United States with many tickets costing $100 or higher. It's a billion dollar business. If you pay the ticket by mail, you're admitting guilt and will pay the maximum fine. In addition, the ticket will be part of your DMV record for three years. Here are the only two legitimate ways you might be able to wiggle out of it. The key word is "might." Good luck! (continue)

No comments: