Tuesday, July 1, 2008

CREATIFF ELEMENTS: Earth, Wind & Fire

tiff & ewf's phillip bailey
tiff & ewf's verdine white

Earth, Wind & Fire, a group one must see atleast once in a lifetime. I attended their L.A. show at the Greek Theater a few weekends ago and it's always a pleasure witnessing the musical magic they make on stage. I have yet to feel "grown" in my adult years, not really sure what it feels like, but when I attend one of their shows I think I'm grown. LOL. I guess because I was exposed to the group as a kid, so when I hear their songs I start doing those "Auntie" dance moves from the 70's. Pure fun. One of the highlights for me is seeing and interacting with their diverse audience and dancing next to people who rock out to a rhythm totally different from mine. People need an escape and just want to feel good and catching an Earth Wind and Fire show- outside on a summer night- under the stars- happens to be a great remedy.

When you feel down and out
Sing a song, it'll make your day
Heres a time to shout
Sing a song, it'll make a way
Sometimes its hard to care
Sing a song, it'll make your day
A smile so hard to bear
Sing a song, it'll make a way


(Excerpt from Sing a Song-Earth Wind and Fire)

No comments: